General Manager APPLY NOW
St. Julians Sun, May 14, 2023
Barlowes is a new fashion destination located in the Mercury Shopping Mall, housing 25 carefully selected brands for men and women. Backed by Bortex and Bluerock, we aim to set a new standard in fashion retail, prioritizing personalized customer service and an exceptional shopping experience.
To deliver exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout all brands operated by the company and to ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity, namely in driving sales and profitability through business planning, performance, and development of the store teams, whilst managing within agreed budgets and to contribute to, and support the implementation of the retail expansion strategy.
5 years in the retail environment with at least 3 years leading a team of sales professionals.
- To ensure that retail brands are fully operational, merchandised and maintained to high standards of visual merchandising on a daily basis, by adhering to franchise standards and brand guidelines.
- To track, evaluate and review store performance, and prepare weekly and monthly store performance reviews, including the forecasting of sales revenue and payroll budgets.
- Leads the Annual Budget exercise for the Company.
- To develop positive relationships across the departments and make recommendations which enhance brand performance that drive sales and profitability.
- To liaise with the buying and merchandising teams to maximise stock potential.
- To ensure the delivery of excellent customer service and product knowledge across the store teams to drive sales and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- To ensure the motivation and development of retail sales team and achievement of store teams by coaching, monitoring, and appraising individual, and team performances.
- To plan staffing to maximise team effectiveness and store productivity, and to approve and monitor payroll and annual leave.
- To be responsible for recruitment and selection, training, and disciplinary procedures of the retail sales teams.
- To ensure accurate stock control, audits, and merchandise replenishment.
- To work flexibly and act as the main key holder.
KNOWLEDGE SHARING, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Enhances own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with industry knowledge.
- Contributes to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building the knowledge of others.
- Identifies and mentors key people for the continued and uninterrupted growth of the Company.
Application Form * Required